As a Sales Engineer, you are responsible for developing designs and proposals for complete material handling systems and solutions. You will be required to read and apply customers’ bid documents and specifications, as well as analyze and understand material flows and operations. Applying this information and knowledge, you will develop material handling system designs, including the overall system layout as well as the selection of equipment and technology. You are responsible for estimating costs for the project. This will require inputs from and collaboration with other departments including Purchasing, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Field Operations, and Project / Account management. You will be required to develop RFQ documents; review and evaluate suppliers’ proposals and participate in vendor selection and to compile material requirements for their projects in order to expedite procurement. You will remain involved throughout the project to provide support on technical issues, scope management, and system commissioning / start-up.
Core tasks- Build a customer relationship to develop and maintain working knowledge of customers’ operations and specifications all over Europe.
- The ability to analyze application requirements and develop solutions.
- Understand all phases of project execution and estimate/compile costs for complete projects.
- The ability to communicate and collaborate with others and other departments.
- The ability to juggle multiple tasks and changing priorities.
- The ability to work against deadlines; to focus and perform work accurately and in a timely manner.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher).
- 3+ years’ experience in the material handling industry or related.
- Experience working on projects in the field (installation and/or commissioning support).
This job description describes the general nature and level of work expected of a person assigned to this position. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. Employees may be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor.
What do you get?
- Working within an inspiring team
- Opportunity to travel
- 40 hours a week
- Flexible working hours
- Attractive primary and secondary working conditions
- Many opportunities for professional development