Multiple planes arrive at an airport, all packed with parcels. These parcels must be sorted and transported to the right planes, trucks and vans; People are expecting their parcels at home in no-time. MHS enables customers to sort a high volume of parcels within a short time frame, so the planes, the trucks and vans can leave in time and the parcels are delivered at your home timely.
A PLC engineer within MHS is part of an international, multidisciplinary team of engineers. As part of the team, the PLC engineer is responsible for the design and engineering of the PLC and safety software for these huge material handling systems. The software will be tested on a digital twin before you go to the customer location.
The system is ready for commissioning and waiting to come to life once you are arriving on site. As a PLC Engineer, you do the commissioning and the testing on-site. The functionality of the system will be proven to the customer together with the commissioning team.
- translate customer requirements into a functional/PLC design
- write a software design and PLC software for requirements which are not part of the standard
- generate the PLC software using standard blocks
- integrate/interface 3rd party equipment
- will test the software in house on a digital twin
- will commission the system
- will test and prove the system according to the requirements of our customers
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Experience (minimum 3 years) in a comparable position
- Knowledge of Siemens TIA Portal
- Preferably knowledge of SCL or a high-level programming language
- Knowledge of SCADA systems
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, in Dutch and English
- Able to work independently
- Able to work in a multicultural environment
- Proven problem-solving ability to quickly find the right solutions
- Can work on different projects simultaneously in a dynamic environment
What do you get?
- Working within an inspiring team
- 40 hours a week
- Flexible working hours
- Attractive primary and secondary working conditions
- Many opportunities for professional development