Reporting to the Plant Manager, in this role You will be supporting the Management team and drive Operational Excellence (OPEX) in the Eindhoven facility, in the areas of Quality Assurance (QA), Health & Safety (HSE), and Continuous Improvement (CI).
The organization has well-defined Management systems and tools for these specific domains. The OPEX supervisor is responsible to coordinate the further deployment and integration to drive improvements in the three areas.
- Coordinate the deployment of ISO9001 and EQS (Eaton Quality System)
- Lead the Quality/CI Council and regular non-conformity meeting shop floor
- Represent the Plant for ISO9001, Quality Assurance and manage the interfaces with the public and governmental authorities, certification companies and customers
- Analyze non conformity data and present results and suggested actions
- Coordinate the 8D of all claims & provide analysis to ensure that all customer issues are resolved quickly and efficiently and preventive measures are put in place
- Conduct quality audits (production/suppliers) and FMEA analysis; present findings
- Evaluate competency level staff and coordinate QA/EQS training program, provide training during toolbox or monthly all employee meetings
- Drive Quality Leading Indicators to track performance versus plan
HSE (Health, Safety, and environment):
- Coordinate the deployment of MESH (Management of Environment, Safety, Security and Health) and lead the internal HSE meetings
- Prepare the annual Management Review and propose the appropriate leading and lagging indicators, targets and projects
- Conduct the risk assessment at the location to identify critical EHS hazards and aspects, coordinate incident investigations and propose appropriate actions
- Perform Gemba Walks and audit to follow up deployment and identify opportunities for improvement
- Advise the Management timely on regulatory changes and ensure compliance
- Report EHS data accurately and timely in MESH Suite to manage data such as injuries and illnesses, environmental metrics, risk assessments, EHS action items and other pertinent information
- Evaluate competency level staff and coordinates HSE training program and provide training during toolbox or monthly all employee meetings to drive Zero Accident culture
CI (Continuous Improvement):
- Coordinate the deployment of ELSS (Eaton lean Six Sigma) and other CI activities, present status/actions during the CI- Council
- Lead Kaizen events to drive continuous improvement and improve plant’s indicators, productivity and efficiency
- Champion several of the Lean categories, directly responsible for the deployment and improvement actions for these elements
- Evaluate competency level staff and coordinates ELSS training program and provide training during toolbox or monthly all employee meetings to drive CI culture
- Drive CI Leading Indicators to track performance versus plan
- Monitor and report out cost out savings related to CI events
(2-3 days a month Your presence is required in our Wehrheim/Germany site, for CI deliverables listed above only)
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Educated at Bachelor degree?
- Coming with at least 3 years’ working experience in Quality Assurance/control in a Manufacturing environment?
- Familiar with ISO9001/14001 standards and a qualified auditor?
- Highly knowledgeable in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint?
- Having strong communication skills, with ability to work with people at multiple levels?
- Possessing strong problem solving abilities?
- Fluent in English?
- Familiar with VISIO or other project management software?
- Certified Safety Professional or prepared to follow appropriate training program?
- Knowledgeable of Lean Tools, Value Stream Mapping, Visual Management 5S, and Lean Material Flow?
- Six Sigma green/black belt or prepared to follow a certification program?
- Ready to travel 2, 3 days a months to our Wehrheim/Germany site?
- Medium level in German language?
What do you get?
- een mooie baan bij onze opdrachtgever
- een goed salaris om rond te komen en leuke dingen te doen
- 3 trainingen per jaar bij de Voort Academy om aan je ontwikkeling te werken
- een opleidingsbudget van €1250,- per jaar zodat je blijft groeien
- secundaire arbeidsvoorwaarden zoals een aandraagbonus
- 25 vakantiedagen (overige vrije dagen zijn afhankelijk van de cao van de opdrachtgever)
Where you’ll end up
The organization is a power management company with 2018 sales of $21.6 billion. They provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. They have approximately 99,000 employees worldwide and sell products to customers in more than 175 countries.