As a Structural Engineer, you will be working for the Shipping, Offshore as well as the New Building department. Within a project team, you are responsible for analyzing structural cases for the fleet and designing solutions such as structural modifications in the ship’s structure, load spreading devices, etcetera.
Our Engineers are extremely eager to learn and they embrace new colleagues who will bring new experience to the table. Every project is unique, ownership is key. Are you looking for a varied and challenging job with an international company and do you dare to take the next step? Lift us up and apply for this vacancy!THE MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES ARE:
• You analyze the project needs and prepare the detailed scope of work and planning for all relevant tasks;
• The preparation of the design calculations (and reports) for all structural design work within the scope, budget and schedule;
• You preform detailed calculations by using hand calculations and FEM analysis and adhere to the given approaches and standards;
• The training and mentoring of Junior Engineers;
• Actively initiate, set up and improve the departmental procedures, tools and standards;
• You are accountable for the quality of your work concerning the structural design, integrity assessment and the reporting to the Lead Engineer or the Project Manager;
• You are involved with the fabrication and installation of the structure;
• Besides the structural aspect, you also actively participate in the project scopes concerning the following topics: hydrostatics, ship motions, lifting, rigging and sea fastening designs.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
• 5 years or more work experience in structural design and /or analysis work experiences;
• Proficient in understanding structural design principles;
• Experience with Ansys APDL is an asset;
• Solid knowledge of rules and regulations within the codes and standards of DNV, LR. ABS, etcetera;
• Basis knowledge of codes such as AWS, ASME and Eurocode;
• Basic knowledge of the Shipping and Offshore industry, particularly Heavy Lift;
• You are able to read drawings and sketches and do hand calculations for simple structures;
• Fluently in written and spoken English.
• Flexible, self-motivated and pro-active;
• Keen and analytical;
• Customer oriented;
• Social team player with hands-on attitude;
• Planning & organizing skills;
• Good communication skills.
What do you get?
- een mooie baan bij onze opdrachtgever
- een goed salaris om rond te komen en leuke dingen te doen
- 3 trainingen per jaar bij de Voort Academy om aan je ontwikkeling te werken
- een opleidingsbudget van €1250,- per jaar zodat je blijft groeien
- secundaire arbeidsvoorwaarden zoals een aandraagbonus
- 25 vakantiedagen (overige vrije dagen zijn afhankelijk van de cao van de opdrachtgever