Are you an experienced project engineer with a background in offshore (oil & gas)? Are you used to having responsibility for the perfect preparation of complex projects in the oil & gas industry worldwide? And do you want to do this within a company that is rapidly growing internationally and where you will have a nig say how we further shape our way of working and our team? Then apply now for the position of Project Engineer!
You will be working as a Project Engineer within the Nearshore department with a team that is growing and will eventually consist of around 30 direct colleagues. The skilled engineers of our department are deployed in project teams that are responsible for preparing complex projects from start to finish. Among others, these Projects could be cable shore landings, outfalls, complex water crossings and other projects in shallow waters and intertidal areas. Extensive and internationally leading projects in terms of scope for Nearshore activities. Moreover, we use our engineers in tenders for these projects with the aim of making tendering processes a success.
The aim of the project team in the project preparation phase is to make all preparations for engineering in coordination with the various departments. You are the liaison with external parties involved in the project. You bear the responsibility for part of the scope of the project and you ensure that it’s executed qualitatively, cost-efficiently and on time. You make sure that the team receives the right input to ensure perfect project delivery. Your base is our office in Papendrecht, but during the project preparation, you are regularly present at project locations, regularly also abroad.
In a regular working week, your most important tasks and responsibilities are:
• Project planning and the preparation of work methods
• Implementing the work methods within the frameworks of laws and regulations, internal guidelines, technical possibilities and the wishes of the customer
• The allocation of people and equipment for working methods.
• Monitoring the progress and quality of the project and making the necessary adjustments if needed.
• Maintaining contact with all stakeholders involved in the preparation of the project.
• Supporting and supervising (less experienced) engineers in the project team.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
You are an experienced and inspiring project engineer who knows how to motivate a team to help them achieve their very best performance. You switch easily between different internal and external parties and you give it your all to ensure that the preparation of projects is completed in accordance with specifications of quality, on time and within budget. Moreover, you are a professional, you have excellent organizational skills and you are an expert and sparring partner for our client.
• You have a completed Masters or Bachelor in the field of Shipbuilding, Maritime Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering or in a similar direction.
• You have gained at least five years of relevant working experience in projects in the offshore (oil & gas) industry.
• You are adept with Windows, Office and technical software.
• You communicate strongly in English.
What do you get?
- een mooie baan bij onze opdrachtgever
- een goed salaris om rond te komen en leuke dingen te doen
- 3 trainingen per jaar bij de Voort Academy om aan je ontwikkeling te werken
- een opleidingsbudget van €1250,- per jaar zodat je blijft groeien
- secundaire arbeidsvoorwaarden zoals een aandraagbonus
- 25 vakantiedagen (overige vrije dagen zijn afhankelijk van de cao van de opdrachtgever)