The R&D department is responsible for the development of new concepts for future processes. The direction of the research is mostly driven by long term customer roadmaps and market trends. However, there is also sufficient attention for more fundamental research.
Most of the research projects are in the optical and laser domain. Today mainly focusing on the development of ultra-short pulse (<1 ps) laser machines. The combination of short pulses, high average laser power and short wave length puts extreme requirements on the optical components. Obtaining a qualified process is challenging, but bringing this to a reliable 24/7 industrial solution, running for many years is even much more difficult. In this stage of the development the R&D team is in the lead, however in close cooperation with the system engineering, software engineering and process engineering departments.
As a senior optical engineer, you will be responsible for building and testing concepts on a lab-scale . Once successful, the new innovation needs to be integrated in the LASER1205 product line. At this point, the project gets a full multi-disciplinary character as many other departments will be involved and team work is crucial. You will work closely together with key suppliers in the field of optics and lasers in order to align roadmaps and evaluate new technologies. You will be reporting to the R&D manager.
- Responsible for the development of new optical concepts for the product portfolio
- Leading position in transferring new ideas to real customer value
- Identify and overcome challenges in existing designs
- Analyze experimental results and formulate technical and scientific reports to a high standard
- Expansion of the application fields and laser separation techniques
- Development and implementation of new optical designs at customer sites
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- MSc (or comparable) degree in Physics or equivalent
- At least 5 years of job experience in a high tech industrial environment
- Solid knowledge on optical design
- Knowledge about laser processing is an advantage
- Experience with design and manufacturing of semiconductor equipment and/or the relevant processes in the semiconductor industry would be an advantage.
- You are willing to travel occasionally to customer sites for introduction of new technology
- Pragmatic and hands-on mentality
- Systematic problem solving approach
- Analytical and creative thinking
- Good team player, good communication skills and customer oriented
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Live in the Netherlands at the moment (!)
What do you get?
- een mooie baan bij onze opdrachtgever
- een goed salaris om rond te komen en leuke dingen te doen
- 3 trainingen per jaar bij de Voort Academy om aan je ontwikkeling te werken
- een opleidingsbudget van €1250,- per jaar zodat je blijft groeien
- secundaire arbeidsvoorwaarden zoals een aandraagbonus
- 25 vakantiedagen (overige vrije dagen zijn afhankelijk van de cao van de opdrachtgever