For our Nearshore and Repairs Department we are currently looking for a Tender Engineer.
In the role of Tender Engineer your main responsibility is to ensure that all engineering is fit for purpose and completed within the given timeframe, with a focus on nearshore and cable repair projects in particular. Projects will typically take place in intertidal and/or ultra-shallow waters and mainly involve barge work as well as ad hoc cable repair jobs offshore utilizing one of our main vessels.
Working for us is more than just having an interesting job. It's about joining a highly skilled team of ambitious professionals who demand the best of themselves and others. It's about thriving in a challenging and stimulating work environment in a results-driven culture. It's also about joining Europe's market leader in subsea cabling.
In the position of Tender Engineer you will lead the complete engineering cycle for small or less complex projects and you will lead parts of the engineering for medium to complex projects, including management of smaller subcontracts. You will be responsible for translating client requirements to an optimal economic and technical design and work method. You will need to well informed about the contract agreements with the customer and you know the safety and project management procedures and rules of BSCF. You will take these into account when carrying out your duties and documenting project information. Sometimes you will work on the details of a project in the office for months, but you will also have a key position within the execution.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
To be able to fulfill the role of Tender Engineer you need to have:
- MBO level with extensive experience in a technical discipline;
- At least 8 years’ relevant experience in an offshore (oil and gas and/or renewables) and/or nearshore / maritime environment;
- Willing to travel and willing to stay abroad during the execution phase of the project (currently in the European region but expected to expand worldwide);
- Advanced knowledge of ICT office- and planning applications and basic knowledge of drafting applications;
- Good communication skills and a good knowledge of the English language, both written and spoken;
- You are a team player, pro-active and have a hands-on mentality with a flexible attitude;
- You are motivated and eager to develop your skills in this role.
What do you get?
- een mooie baan bij onze opdrachtgever
- een goed salaris om rond te komen en leuke dingen te doen
- 3 trainingen per jaar bij de Voort Academy om aan je ontwikkeling te werken
- een opleidingsbudget van €1250,- per jaar zodat je blijft groeien
- secundaire arbeidsvoorwaarden zoals een aandraagbonus
- 25 vakantiedagen (overige vrije dagen zijn afhankelijk van de cao van de opdrachtgever