For our Engineering Department we are currently looking for a Senior Project Engineer.
In this role your main responsibility is that all engineering is fit for purpose and completed within the given timeframe. During project preparation you make sure any interface between engineering, operations and QHSE is covered. During project execution you assist either on the vessel or on the site office. You will lead teams of 3-6 engineers during the complete engineering cycle for medium to complex projects, including management of medium to large subcontracts. In leading your team – you are also coaching your peers where and when required and actively support them in achieving their potential, in close cooperation with the department head.
During the project you will structure, plan and budget the (project) engineering work and inform relevant stakeholders on time. You distribute the work amongst the project engineers and monitor the work taking into account the capabilities and ambitions of each team member. You will be responsible for translating client requirements to an optimal economic and technical design and work method. You are well informed about the contract agreements with the customer and you know the project management procedures and rules. You will take these into account in carrying out your duties and documenting project information. You will provide support and advise to the Project Manager and department head with regards to project engineering issues and resources during all phases of the project.
We are specialized in the installation and burial of subsea power cables, Balance of Plant maintenance contracts for the renewables market, umbilical/flowline installation for the oil & gas market and the installation of interconnectors. We provide added value with our robust end-to-end project management and multidisciplinary grid-to-grid solutions.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Higher Professional Education (Bachelor) in a technical discipline;
- At least 5 years’ relevant experience in an offshore (oil and gas and/or renewables) and/or maritime environment;
- Advanced knowledge of ICT office- and planning applications and basic knowledge of drafting applications;
- Good communication skills and a good knowledge of the English language, both written and spoken;
- You are motivated and eager to develop your skills in this role;
- You show leadership, are a team player, pro-active and have a hands-on mentality.
What do you get?
- een mooie baan bij onze opdrachtgever
- een goed salaris om rond te komen en leuke dingen te doen
- 3 trainingen per jaar bij de Voort Academy om aan je ontwikkeling te werken
- een opleidingsbudget van €1250,- per jaar zodat je blijft groeien
- secundaire arbeidsvoorwaarden zoals een aandraagbonus
- 25 vakantiedagen (overige vrije dagen zijn afhankelijk van de cao van de opdrachtgever