The role will help in translating customer needs into guidelines for the development of roadmap in order to create unique data-driven product offerings.
- A hands-on approach to leading a data-driven embedded Linux and Android software development team
- Mentor and build local talent & processes across required disciplines ranging from embedded software development, data analytics and test
- Engage with strategic customers to define highly optimized solutions with special attention to under experience, managing the full SDLC of the software product offering
- Drive multiple cross department multiregional designs from concept through realization (hands on in every aspect of the process)
- As per the requirements from the global product team, expand strategical data and software assets through a combination of in-field data development, research and market outreach.
- Collaborate and discuss new technologies and approaches with technology partners and customers
- Build customer relationship through frequent contact with select lead customers with respect to product development, specific/technical customer requirements, etc.
- Manage team budget and improve on utilization of the funds in expanding the strategical data assets
- Manage Engineering and Project/Product Management, Sprint planning, etc.
- Travel with Sales to customers in pre-production phase in order to assist in selling the technical concept of the product
- Assist Sales in translating Product and Software Specifications to the Customer
- Global responsibility for helping respond to advanced product RFQs
- Train global Application Engineering team on technology solutions
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Self-motivated & a Leader, Innovative and a passion for results!
- BSc & 10 years of experience in Electrical Engineering or related field (MSc or PhD preferred)
- Experience in building and leading high performance agile development teams
- Extensive experience in Embedded Linux and Android Systems, Wireless Communications and Networking Technologies
- Experience & Passion in Consumer Electronics, Human-Machine Interactions, etc.
- Experience with cloud service integration with embedded systems
- Experience with data analytics, data visualization tools
- Knowledge of machine learning and AI frameworks is a plus
- Experience with video delivery and/or smart home technologies and products
- Full product life-cycle ownership from concept to production for internal product concepts to external customer-driven designs
- Experience with IP networking and wireless communication standards, e.g. Bluetooth, Bluetooth Smart, Zigbee, Thread, Wi-Fi
- Fluent in reading, writing and communicating in English is a must. Second international language is a plus.
- Intercontinental travel
What do you get?
- een mooie baan bij onze opdrachtgever
- een goed salaris om rond te komen en leuke dingen te doen
- 3 trainingen per jaar bij de Voort Academy om aan je ontwikkeling te werken
- een opleidingsbudget van €1500,- zodat je blijft groeien
- secundaire arbeidsvoorwaarden zoals een aandraagbonus
- 25 vakantiedagen (overige vrije dagen zijn afhankelijk van de cao van de opdrachtgever)