As International Site Manager you are responsible for the on-site Installation of Large and or complex material handling systems, including the coordination of commissioning and testing activities and hand over to our customers. Together with the Project Director you determine and manage the expectations of the customer, the recourse requirements of subcontractors and the logistics of required plant and equipment. You lead the site team and you highly value Health & Safety and environmental guidelines, regulations and behaviors.
You report directly to the Installation Manager and the Project Director of the Project, regarding progress and site related activities. Travel is part of the job, average 80%.
Duties and responsibilities:- Responsible for the co-ordination and control of the on-site construction of the material handling system, from the engineering/supply stage, through to completion and the handover of the project to the client at the client’s premises
- Day to day management of operations on site, ensuring that the project is brought to a successful completion and meets the required time, budget and quality constraints.
- Manage Health, Safety and environmental requirements.
- Ensuring timely management of any unforeseen delays.
- Regular monitoring and liaison with the Project Manager on the Master Programme/progress and development of stage/section programmes as required.
- Liaise with the Installation Manager/Project Manager and or subcontractors to ensure adequate labour and sub-contract resource is available on site.
- Coordinating/managing required tool box briefings to the site teams and sub-contractors.
- Plan and efficiently organise the site facilities and logistics, ensuring all equipment on site is fit for purpose and only operated by appropriately trained staff
- Requisition all materials and oversee the deliveries and ensure they are done so in adequate time in line with the construction programme and procurement/ supply chain schedule.
- Effectively communicate with the Design/ engineering team to ensure the timely release of design information.
- Supervise, manage and motivate all site team including effective management of sub-contractor activities on site ensuring they are engaged, on target in line with the master programme.
- Ensure workmanship and material standards are achieved in accordance with specifications, regulations, health and safety legislation as well as quality standards.
- Ensure site team and sub-contractors are following common operational standards.
- Maintain close relations with the Installation Manager/Project Manager regarding cost control, variations and Confirmation of Instructions.
- Organise and chair coordination and review meetings with Project-/site-/sub-contractors’ team.
- Carrying out safety inspections and fulfilling the health, safety and welfare responsibilities as detailed in the Company’s Policy and in compliance with Local regulations.
- Control and monitor site waste in accordance with Site Waste Minimisation & Management Policy.
- Maintain quality and environmental control procedures.
- Manage and control hand over/quality requirements between the construction phases.
- Create and maintain good relations with clients, design teams as well as any other stakeholders.
- Assist in negotiating contracts and securing permits and licences.
- Undertake all relevant training and development activities as required.
- Create site reports and keeping on top of paperwork.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- At least 3 years professional experience.
- Good knowledge in construction and specifications.
- Excellent language skills in Duch and English.
- Computer skills (MS-Office, AutoCAD).
- Excellent team working and communication skills.
- Self-confident, assertive and highly flexible.
- Intercultural competence.
- Precise and structured working style.
- Mature, Dedicated and able to work Independently with minimal supervision.
- High mobility and/or readiness to travel abroad (including longer international assignments)
What do you get?
- een mooie baan bij onze opdrachtgever
- een goed salaris om rond te komen en leuke dingen te doen
- 3 trainingen per jaar bij de Voort Academy om aan je ontwikkeling te werken
- een opleidingsbudget van €1250,- per jaar zodat je blijft groeien
- secundaire arbeidsvoorwaarden zoals een aandraagbonus
- 25 vakantiedagen (overige vrije dagen zijn afhankelijk van de cao van de opdrachtgever)