As a Layout Design Engineer you work on the first concept design during the sales phase and on the final layout in the engineering phase. You make 3D models where you take care of the integration of the conveyor system in a building and with other components such as steel construction, workstations, etc.
You map the existing situation, coordinate 3D model with other suppliers and make installation layouts to install the system on site. You work closely together with the mechanical project engineer and will report directly to the Manager Engineering.
Incidental travel is part of the job (average 1-3 days per month).
Core tasks- work as a team player on the layout of the winning technical solution
- are responsible for the layout of the material handling system according to customer specifications
- create 3D layout models of the total system
- implement models from external suppliers (equipment, steelwork) and doing clash checks
- creates 2D installation layouts
- translate concepts into a detailed Model
- understand well how design decisions can have an impact on price and functionality
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Above average skills in 3D modeling and CAD / PDM software (preferred Inventor, Vault)
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal in Dutch and English.
- Able to work independently
- Excellent technical knowledge and good spatial insight to assess the feasibility of a concept
- Proven problem-solving ability to quickly find the right solutions
- Can work on different projects simultaneously in a dynamic environment